The StormX has expanded data logging and is more responsive with a higher bandwidth than its G4+ Storm predecessor. G4X features 512 megabytes of logging at 32bit using up to 250 channels, each limited to up to 1kHz per channel (by the Operating System), with a maximum of 100kHz.
It also features 8 x faster communications speed, allowing you to download logs 8 x faster and pushes all the logging quickly up to a new and improved PCLink.
The StormX has advanced tuning features, such as:
- a built in Trigger Oscilloscope
- Stepper Motor Idle Control
- Rotary Oil Metering Pump Control
- Onboard Knock Control
- Open and Closed Loop Boost Control
- + most Motorsport features including Full Gear Shift Control, Antilag and Launch Control
- 8 x Digital inputs
- 3 x Temperature inputs
- 8 x Analog inputs
- 2 x Trigger Inputs
- 2 x Knock Inputs
- 8 x Injection drives
- 8 x Ignition drivers
- 8 x Auxiliary outputs^
- +5V Sensor power supply
- +8V Sensor power supply
- ^unused fuel and ignition drives can be used as additional Aux outputs
- 1 x CAN bus
- 1 x USB tuning connection
- Upgraded communications chip (at least 8 x faster than G4+ V2)
Advanced features not found on the smaller Link ECUs (AtomX and MonsoonX):
- Built in trigger oscilloscope.
- Onboard Knock Control – support for two knock sensors wired directly to the ECU. No external amplifier required.
- Boost control can be open or closed loop with up to three switchable tables.
- Idle valve solenoid or stepper motor control.
- Rotary oil metering pump control.
- Most Motorsport features including full gear shift control, antilag and launch control
- Up to 4 fully variable closed loop VVT cams.
Requires “A” & “B” looms or “A” & “B” connector kits.